We’re looking for a smart, strategic, team-minded person to work with us as a half-time (approximately 20 hours per week) contractor on media and messaging for an important campaign. This is a temporary position, starting as soon as possible, with a likely end date in December. Location is flexible (within the United States).
Prior grassroots media and campaign experience required.
Please send a brief cover letter and concise resume (1-3 pages) with references to info[at]beyondthechoir[dot]org. Please write RESUME in the subject line.
We’re moving fast with this; the first wave of applicants will be considered next Monday, May 16th. Please send applications by Sunday, May 15th, 10pm ET.
A little more about what this position will entail on the flip…
The media campaigner will:
- Think critically about the narrative of the campaign. (What story are we telling? What story is our opposition telling?)
- Help build and maintain press lists — and relationships with reporters and news outlets.
- Engage reporters and news outlets about their coverage of the issue (encourage reporters to ask informed questions, etc.).
- Help write and edit news releases and advisories.
- Monitor and analyze news coverage related to the campaign.
- Help with strategic engagement of blogs and online media.
- Help coordinate spokespeople for media interviews, talk shows, etc.
- Help create new media and messaging materials for local activists.
Compensation is competitive and will range in relation to level of experience.